OA: National Order of the Arrow Conference (NOAC)
National Order of the Arrow Conference
July 25 – 30, 2022 at University of Tennessee, Knoxville
We are excited to invite you to join the Lowaneu Allanque Lodge Contingent as a Delegate to the 2022 National Order of the Arrow Conference from July 25 - 30, 2022 at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville! This is the largest event in the OA, with upwards of 8,000 attendees—from more than 200 lodges—expected from across the country.
After more than a year of living through this pandemic, we can’t wait to get back to NOAC and watch the nightly stadium shows, bring our lodge to victory in the sports and ceremony competitions, and meet Arrowmen nationwide, all while spending a week living in a college dorm—and yes, it will have air conditioning!
To learn more about what’s in store at next year’s NOAC, follow the conference social media pages on Instagram and Twitter @OANOAC and like the Facebook page, “NOAC,” and be some of the first to hear the theme announcement in August and other updates!
BENEFITS: Contingent Delegates will return home with:
- A deeper understanding of the Scout Oath, Scout Law, Order of the Arrow Obligation, and what it means to "live" these words in one’s daily life.
- A renewed spirit, pride, and enthusiasm for Scouting and the Order of the Arrow.
- Ideas our lodge can use to better serve Scouting at the unit, district and council levels.
- New programs, knowledge and skills to improve our lodge and chapter operations.
- Enhanced leadership skills and a better understanding of how to carry out the work of our lodge.
- The latest information on outdoor and high-adventure programming, including how to successfully promote Boy Scout camping.
- New friendships with fellow Arrowmen from throughout the nation.
- The experience of living in a dorm on a university campus.
- Amazing patch trading.
- Memories to last a lifetime!
ATTENDANCE: All Arrowmen who are registered members of the Boy Scouts of America and have their council’s approval are eligible to participate in the 2022 NOAC. All youth participants must register as a delegate of a council contingent or be a member of the conference staff. Registration is not limited, but each lodge contingent must have more youth than adults attending. If we have more adults than youth, additional adults can register as individuals.
- Conference Fees, which include: Housing, Meals, Shows, Individual Itineraries, which include: Competitions, Advanced Trainings, Leisure Activities
- Lowaneu Allanque merchandise and regalia, choices may include:
- NOAC Patch Sets (popular for trading)
- T-Shirts or Polos
CONTINGENT FEES: There are 3 price levels.
- EARLY BIRD - $700 - Deadline 12/8/21 - Full amount must be paid on or by December 8th, 2021 / Non-refundable unless event is cancelled (eg. COVID) / After 12/8/21, the amount due will be $750 (Standard Fee)
- STANDARD - $750 - Deadline 5/1/22 - Full amount must be paid on or by May 1st, 2022 / If not paid by 5/1/2022, the contingent slot may be forfeited.
- LATE ADDITION - $800 - Deadline 6/23/22 - Full amount must be paid on or by June 23rd, 2022 / Non-refundable unless event is cancelled (eg. COVID)
DEPOSITS: To reserve a contingent slot, a deposit must be made, either:
- $125 - Before October 1st, 2021 / Non-refundable unless event is cancelled (eg. COVID) / Receive an “I’m going to NOAC 2022” patch!
- $250 - On or after October 1st, 2021
- We will not accept deposits after 5/1/2022 (only the full amount)
The per-person deposit is transferable to a substitute contingent participant (youth or adult) within our lodge on a one-for-one basis, but it is non-refundable, unless event is cancelled (eg. COVID), and may not be applied to the balance due for another person. All requests for cancellation must be made in writing to the OA Lodge Advisor (David Stoner). Participants canceling their reservation after May 1st, 2022, will forfeit their entire contingent fee.
**TRANSPORTATION to and from the University will once again be based on need. Contingent youth & adults have the option of providing their own transportation. The lodge can help arrange carpools. The lodge can also provide bus transportation if necessary for an additional fee if demand is high enough.
SCHOLARSHIPS: Available on an as needed basis and can cover up to ½ of the Standard Contingent Fee. See the NOAC 2022 Scholarship Form on right sidebar.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CONTACT:
- Greg Gley - NOAC 2022 Contingent Leader – email@example.com
- David Stoner – Lodge Adviser – firstname.lastname@example.org