Wilderness First Aid Training
This course teaches Wildnerness and Remote First Aid. A leader is required to have this training for all BSA Trek programs and High Adventure Bases. You must be at least 14 years of age to take the class.
• Upon completion of this course, you will receive your CPR/AED and First Aid Certification as part of
your Wilderness First Aid training.
• This will be an outdoor training program. Please come prepared.
• Bring camping gear as you will be camping all weekend.
• Participants are welcome to check in, set up camp on Friday night and have the option to purchase
breakfast Saturday morning for a nominal fee.
• Check-in starts Saturday 7AM and class runs through Sunday 4pm.
• Saturday lunch, dinner and Sunday breakfast, lunch will be provided.
• You must be currently registered in the BSA to take this class.
Meal Plan / Dietary Restrictions
The Greater Tampa Bay Area Council recognizes that there are many potential dietary restrictions as well as common diets (e.g., low-calorie and low-carbohydrate) and common food allergies (e.g., to gluten, citrus fruit, dairy, eggs, fish, nuts/ peanuts, and shellfish). Individuals will need to consider this and avoid such items in their choices in the dining hall. In addition, remember that the Food Team cannot feasibly plan for all specific dietary needs of all persons attending the event. Therefore, all special dietary needs must be indicated at the time of registration. Depending upon the special food requirements they may be asked to make their own arrangements to meet those needs by bringing their own food — just as they would bring their own medications. Any dietary requests made within 2 weeks of the event will not be able to be honored.
All Participants must bring a current BSA Medical form (download here).