Virtual Pinewood Derby
Ready to Race Into Summer!?!?!
Compete for the Checkered Flag in the
Central Florida Council Virtual Pinewood Derby!
As a result of the Covid -19, Stay in Place orders that began in March, many packs & Districts did not have the opportunity to hold their Pinewood Derby. So, Central Florida Council will host the first ever Virtual Pinewood Derby! District Derbies will be held June 6th & 7th. Winners will move on to compete in the Council Pinewood Derby on June 13th. District and Council Race winners will receive a super cool trophy at their next "In Person" District Roundtable!
Cost: $5 & includes a Patch
- Scouts must first register.
- Label your scouts car with name, rank (the rank they were in during the 2019-2020 school year) and Pack number. Please put this on the BOTTOM of the car. A sharpie is probably best as a sticker may fall off.
- You can use a car that was made during the 2019-2020 program year or make a new one (See the Rules attached to this registration page.)
- Place the car in a plastic baggie.
- Cars will be dropped off at a pre-determined location within their district during the last week of May. Specific dates and locations will be communicated via this registrtion system and District FB pages.
- Drop off locations will be staffed by volunteers following appropriate social distancing guidelines and equipped with appropriate PPE.
- At drop off: your car will be cleared to enter the race if meets with the PWD Rules (see the Rules attachment to the right on this registration page) and if it falls within the proper weight PRIOR to you leaving it at the drop off station.
- Volunteers will double check that you are registered for the event. If you are not, you may take a moment to register via the 247 registration link using your personal phone.
- Cars cannot be accepted for those not yet registered.
Each District Race will be broadcast on Facebook Live June 6th and June 7th (Exact day/time for each district is to be determined & will be communicated through 247 and on Facebook). District winners will include 1st, 2nd, & 3rd place for each rank as well as 1st, 2nd & 3rd place overall. All District winners (rank and overall) will then compete on June 13th in a Facebook Live Central Florida Council level race. Again, Council level winners will be 1st, 2nd & 3rd place in each rank and 1st, 2nd & 3rd place overall.
*Districts may be combined into one Race depending upon the number of entries per district.