Online Merit Badge Programs SPRING 2021
As a continued service to our Scouting family, the Central Florida Council will be offering Merit Badge programs ONLINE in Spring 2021.
THESE SESSIONS ARE OPEN TO ALL SCOUTS IN ALL COUNCILS, NATIONWIDE! ALL TIMES ARE EASTERN TIME ZONE!
New badges are added EACH MONTH! CHECK BACK OFTEN!
HEY YOU! READ THIS BEFORE YOU SIGN-UP:
ONLINE MB PROGRAM GUIDE
FEBRUARY MERIT BADGES:
STEM Nova: Designed to Crunch
Weather Merit Badge
Environmental Science Merit Badge
SPRING PROGRAM SUMMARY:
- Each month, we will offer 3-5 programs.
- Online sessions will be offered WEEKLY for each program. Sessions will be presented by registered Merit Badge/program Counselors, and will be intended to inform/educate the Scout on the badge's topic. Scouts are expected to participate in each weekly session or view the recap video provided 24-hours after each session.
- Each week, Scouts will also be expected to complete an ONLINE WORK SUBMISSION for their badge; downloadable worksheets may be used for NOTE TAKING ONLY. Work submissions must be made through the weekly form for credit.
- Each week, Scouts/parents will have access to their Scout's records to track progress. This access will begin on the SECOND week of each program (to allow data entry time.)
- We will also work directly with Scoutmasters to provide them with access to important records and updates so they can be a resource for you and your Scout as you progress.
- At the end of each month, Counselors will host a "Workshop" for Scouts who have questions or need extra help. Scouts working to complete the Merit Badge in one-month (when possible) should take advantage of these Workshops.
Once registered, Scouts will receive a link to log on; Scouts will use that link each day to access an hour of live instruction from a Merit Badge Counselor or other expert in the field.
Each badge session will be provided by a registered Merit Badge Counselor and feature guest presenters from various industries related to the topic.
***WE ARE LIMITED TO 300 PARTICIPANTS IN EACH CLASS!***
For more information and updates on the current COVID-19 situation and how Council operations are impacted, visit www.camplanoche.com/covid-19
Wednesday 03-03-2021 5:00 PM ET to 6:00 PM ET
Mining In Society
Wednesday 03-03-2021 5:00 PM ET to 6:30 PM ET
Public Health MB Class
Thursday 03-04-2021 5:00 PM ET to 6:00 PM ET
STEM Nova: Designed to Crunch Online
Tuesday 02-02-2021 5:00 PM ET to 6:00 PM ET Past
Weather MB Online
Wednesday 02-03-2021 5:00 PM ET to 6:00 PM ET Past
Environmental Science MB Online
Thursday 02-04-2021 6:00 PM ET to 7:00 PM ET Past