Northern Tier Canoe Trek
DATES & SCHEDULE:The goal of a Northern Tier canoe trip is to have each participant have a wilderness adventure that lasts a lifetime. Through isolated interactions within their crew in the rugged wilderness, Scouts learn physical fortitude and mental strength, along with lessons in leadership, the importance of doing their share of the work, and the necessity of teamwork to accomplish difficult tasks. Northern Tier facilitates all of this through a youth led experience.
Experience a 6-night high adventure experience in northern Minnesota, along with bonus experiences only open to our contingent:
• 6 Night Wilderness Canoe Trip
• 1 day of educational programming in Ely, MN
o North American Bear Center
o Ely Activities/Picnic in the Park
o Tour of Dorothy Molter Museum
o International Wolf Center – (Overnight with the Wolves)
Participants must meet the following conditions:
• 14 years of age or have completed 8th Grade
• Be below the maximum (295 pounds) allowed weight for participation.
• Must have a current (within 12 months) and complete BSA Health and Medical Record.
• Must be classified as a BSA swimmer.
• Must be able to carry a pack weighing 50-90 pounds for up to one mile.
• Must be a registered Scout, Venturer, or Explorer.
PER PERSON fee includes trek fees, travel, and all meals & crew supplies for the trip (beyond basic personal gear.)
|August 5||August 6||August 7||August 8||August 9||August 10||August 11||August 12|
|Night 2||Night 3||Night 4||Night 5||Night 6||Night 7|
|Arrive at Northern Tier 1-2 pm||Enter Wilderness||In Wilderness||In Wilderness||In Wilderness||Return to base for Campfire program||Day/night spent in Ely||Return Home|
Monday 08-05-2019 12:00 AM ET to
Monday 08-12-2019 11:59 PM ET
Director of Camping Services
1951 South Orange Blossom Trail
Apopka, Florida 32703