University of Scouting 2021
University of Scouting is a supplemental training opportunity for all adult Scout leaders. It is the only time during the year where you can find, the widest variety of training opportunities in all program areas (Cub Scouts, Scouts BSA, Venturing, Sea Scouting, STEM, Online Scouting/Social Media, and District Operations), all in one place. Whether you are new to the program or a veteran of many years, the University provides interesting courses applicable across the Scouting programs.
- The College of Cub Scouting provides a wide variety of courses from working with Cub Scout-aged boys and girls to pack administration to planning for an outdoor program, all focused on meeting Scouting goals while having fun as a pack or den.
- The College of Scouts BSA provides an exciting variety of troop, patrol and outdoor planning supplemental courses to help manage the challenges of a great troop experience.
- The College of Adventure Scouting provides a variety of classes in Adventure Scouting / High Adventure subjects and resources for Venturing Crews, Sea Scout Ships, and Scout Troops.
- The College of General Studies (formerly the Electives College) offers courses that cut across all the programs. Just about everything from diversity and special needs to using technology can be found in the General Studies College. STEM Scouts, District Operations, and Online Scouting/Social Media will be covered as subprograms (GSC500, GSC600, and GSC700 classes, respectively) within the General Studies College.
All these opportunities are available at the University for learning how to better serve our young people and better work with our fellow leaders!
New to Zoom? Check out the UoS Zoom Guide.
Online registration will close at midnight Thursday, February 25, 2021. Pre-Registration is required. Mail-in (paper) registrations will not be accepted. Instructors are asked to register by February 13.
- Students and others taking classes. Fee $20.00
- Instructors and Staff taking classes. Fee $20.00.
- Instructors and Staff not taking classes. Free $0.00.