Web & Social Media Training for Districts & Units
If you are in charge of using the web and social media to recruit and motivate Scout membership, this is the event for you!
Last fall NCAC was part of a national pilot program using Facebook to promote individual packs' Join Scout Nights. The result? Packs who participated had a 15% increase in new members.
Join us to learn how your unit, district, and council-level recruiting events can get this kind of Scout Spirit!
This workshop will give you the skills you need and help you teach others to be modern communicators. With multiple breakout groups to choose from you will leave with new skills, actionable information, and the ability to train others in your unit or district to be compliant with BSA's online policies. Members of the Council Marketing & Communications Committee will be on hand during and after the event to answer additional questions.
- 8:45 Doors Open
- 9:00 Welcome/Introduce Council Initiatives
- 9:15 General Training
- BSA policies
- Useful tools & platforms
- Using Facebook groups
- 10:15 Breakout Sessions for units, districts, and council committees
- 11:00 Best Practices Roundtables [PICK TWO]
- Black Pug: Using the council's calendar to manage and promote events
- Social Media: Reaching parents and Scouts through Facebook & Instagram
- Visual Storytelling: How to take or gather great event photos
- 11:50 Closing Gathering/Farewell
Join Us Online!
Can't make it to Bethesda but want to participate? Stream the meeting online: https://join.freeconferencecall.com/aaronchusid
Saturday 03-30-2019 9:00 AM ET to 12:00 PM ET Past