2019 Thurmont Conservation Club Day Camp
Welcome to the registration page for the 2019 FSK District Cub Scout Day Camps week #1 held at the Thurmont Conservation Club.Thank you so much for your family's interest in attending one or both of our day camp weeks!
1. ABOUT DAY CAMP: Day Camp is an opportunity for Cub Scouts (and their Siblings) to continue the Scouting FUN throughout the summer; meet Scouts from around our District, Council, and beyond while gaining skills in preparation for their new rank adventures! Be sure to check out our Camp Guide for more details.
BOTH of our FSK Day Camp weeks offer all 3 shooting sports stations: BB's, Archery, and Sling Shots!
BOTH FSK District Day Camp week locations have a POOL with onsite contracted/licensed lifeguards!
Like fishing? Join us for our week #1 camp (JUNE Location) which has onsite river/creek waterways for our fishing enthusiasts.
Yes, we do provide a tot lot program for 3-5 year old siblings who are potty trained!
Theme: "BENEATH THE SEA: WHERE HEROS ARE NOT MEASURED BY THE SIZE OF THEIR CAPE"
When: Choice of dates or attend both FSK District Day Camps! June 24th – 28th or July 29th – Aug 2nd, 2019
Time: 7:30AM - 4:30PM Monday thru Thursday and 7:30AM - 1:00PM Friday
FSK WEEK #! - JUNE Location: Thurmont Conservation & Sportsman’s Club - 11617 Hunt Club Road, Thurmont, MD 21788
FSK WEEK #2 - JULY Location: Frederick County 4-H Camp & Activities Center - 3702 Basford Rd, Frederick, MD 21703
For more information, follow us on Facebook at:
Week #1 JUNE Facebook event page: https://www.facebook.com/events/1055282431347991/
Week #2 JULY Facebook event page: https://www.facebook.com/events/285948462277227/
2. DEADLINES: Campership (Financial Aid) Deadline: April 1, 2019 – YES! Staff Members can apply for Camperships too.
Camperships can be submitted AFTER April 1, 2019 HOWEVER funds are not guaranteed
Early Bird Per Camper Registration Fee BEFORE May 1, 2019 $190.00
Regular Per Camper Registration Fee ON or AFTER May 1, 2019 $230.00
Walk-up Per Camper Registration Fee ON or AFTER June 1, 2019 $260.00
New Scouts and New-to-NCAC Scout transfers automatically qualify for the early bird discount of $190.00 if they sign up for Day Camp within 60 days of registering as a new NCAC/BSA member.
This registration page is to provide PAYMENT ONLY, to complete the Day Camp registration process for our FSK District Cub Scout Day Camps you will need to download, print, and complete the camper and den walker/tiger adult partner registration documents located within our Day Camp Coordinator Google drive: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/10CksD9hRVUIcKpx3kgHwk3hSdCIKTzVj?usp=sharing
These forms are to be turned into your Pack's Day Camp Coordinator for camp submission. If you are unsure who your Pack's Day Camp Coordinator is or if you are registered in a District or Council other than FSK/NCAC please email our Camp Director Dory LeCroy to find out who your coordinator is or to make arrangements to mail or drop off your forms to her directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. CHAPERONE REQUIREMENT: Den Walkers are parents, grandparents, older siblings (18+ years of age), another trusted adult, or Pack member who attend at least 1 full day of camp providing safe supervision just as a chaperone would on a school field trip. Den walkers are more than welcome to attend 2, 3, 4 or all 5 days. If your Wolf, Bear, Webelos, or Arrow of Light Scout is attending Day Camp one of the above-mentioned members must serve as a Den Walker at least 1 full day of camp per BSA National Camp School guidelines. Tigers (Scouts entering first grade in the fall) must have an Adult Partner accompanying them at all times, each day of camp; this does not have to be the same adult every day.
4. DISCOUNTS AVAILABLE: Parents who volunteer as a full week CAMP STAFF member receive the discounted staff child rate of only $50 each for up to 2 child registrations. That’s two children for almost half the cost of one! Contact the FSK District Day Camp Directors, at email@example.com for staffing information today.
5. CAMPERSHIP/FINANCIAL AID: Families, including those registering as camp staff, experiencing a financial hardship are eligible to apply for financial assistance (campership) to receive up to 50% off their camper’s registration costs. Apply online at https://www.ncacbsa.org/day-camp-campership-application-2/ BEFORE April 1st for guaranteed consideration. Submissions received AFTER April 1st will only be considered if campership funds are still available.
ALL camp documents are due to our Camp Director Dory LeCroy by June 1, 2019 for both camp weeks!
We look forward to having FUN with your family this summer!
Monday 06-24-2019 7:30 AM ET to
Friday 06-28-2019 1:00 PM ET
Francis Scott Key District Executive
9190 Rockville Pike
Bethesda, Maryland 20814