NYLT 2019 (January and February)
2019 Course Dates
19 - 21 January 2019
16 - 18 February 2019
(Both weekend must be attended.)
Early Bird cost for the Course will be $250 until 11 December 2017 then the cost is $300.
(Winter Course will be held at Camp William B. Snyder 6100 Antioch Rd, Haymarket , VA)
In order to attend the course each participant must certify that they have or will have by January 19, 2019 met the following qualifications to attend NYLT
- Attained First Class Rank if in Boy Scouts
- Completed Introduction to Leadership Skills for Troops, Crews, or Ships (ILST, ILSC, or ILSS) or Exploring Leadership Training.
- At least 14 years of age by the course start date (or 13 years of age with the Course Director’s approval) All participants 13 years of age must contact the Course Director at firstname.lastname@example.org before registering online.
- Youth 12 years of age and younger will not be able to attend
- Home Unit Leader approval. NYLT is an intense and challenging hands-on course that parallels Wood Badge training for adults. It is essential that youth participants be physically, emotionally, and mentally prepared to handle the demands of this advanced training. In order for youth participants to get the maximum benefit from this unique experience, home unit leaders must only endorse those participants who exhibit emotional maturity, a positive attitude, proficiency in basic camping skills, and ambition to serve in leadership roles.
- Have a current BSA health and medical record. Parts A,B & C are required.
Cancel within 3 days of making a registration and the entire amount is returned.
After 3 days of making the registration but not within 14 of the event the customer is charged 15% of the registration cost being cancelled.
Once within 14 days of the event the customer is charged 100% of the registration cost being cancelled.
Fees cannot be credited toward another event. This policy is true for any event with fees over $25.00 per participant/registrant unless stated otherwise.
What is NYLT?
NYLT is the National Capital Area Council’s presentation of the National Youth Leadership Training. The objective of our NYLT program is to equip our young people with leadership skills to help them succeed in their scouting program and in life. NYLT brings together scouts from all over the Council to learn and practice the leadership techniques in a risk free, scout friendly environment. The Scouts learn and practice leadership skills and styles together.
The course is presented primarily using a Boy Scout model as the vehicle which allows all attendees to see how leadership skills fit into the scouting program. These leadership skills are applicable to all scouting programs.
Why have NYLT?
While it remains the responsibility of the unit leaders to train the youth leaders, this course is designed to supplement the adult leaders’ role in the training process. NYLT skills build on the fundamental leadership skills presented in the unit basic leadership training in their home unit. This training conference has six specific objectives:·
- To give participants the confidence and knowledge to run their unit.
- To give participants the most contemporary, successful, and useful leadership tools available and allow them to "experiment” with them to help them better relate these skills to their unit responsibilities.
- To give participants the opportunity to share ideas and experiences with Scouts from other scouting programs.
- To create an atmosphere where Scouts will experience Scouting at its best.
- To enhance the relationship between the participant and their adult leaders.
- To have fun!
Remember, "Scouting is a game with a purpose.” — Baden-Powell
9190 Rockville Pike
Bethesda, Maryland 20814
Camp William B. Snyder
Saturday 01-19-2019 8:00 AM to
Monday 01-21-2019 5:00 PM