"Klondike Derby.....With a Twist!"
Presented by Troop 1195
January 19-21, 2018
Camp William B. Snyder
Cost: $20 per person
Open to Troops, Crews, and Webelos Patrols
Download Leader's Guide
- Similar the original Iditarod Race - each Troop Team will attempt to maneuver through a course on a mission to get medical supplies to remote campers who need help.
- Each Troop should submit a sled crew to represent the Troop. No limit on size.
- As they go each team will encounter notional hazards that cause one team member to be injured
- As they race, their burden will be greater and they will have to make decisions about how to care for and transport their patients along the way.
- One station will have fake blood for realism – that station leader will chose a Scout to be the head injury victim.
- We are planning to have this be a race against time with time penalties for not treating patients correctly.
- Scouts will need to bring their own sled / transport vehicle capable of traversing uneven terrain with at least one person and a small box with precious cargo on board. The precious cargo is a treat for them later.
- The benefit of the weekend will be for Scouts to demonstrate basic Scout skills required for advancement such as 1st Class Requirements 7a and 7b, demonstrate physical fitness and have fun!
19 Jan 2018:
1700-1900 - Arrival of Troops / Check-In
2100 - Leaders Meeting / Cracker Barrel
2200 - Lights Out
20 Jan 2018
0630 - Wakeup and Breakfast at camp sites
0830 - Assemble and Opening Ceremony
0900 – Troops assemble at the start point
1130 - 1300 Lunch (at Campsites)
1330 – Troops assemble at the start point OR Sled races on Parade field & Sled judging
1600 - Closing Flag Ceremony
1630 - Mass / Religious Services
1700 – Dinner at camp sites
1900 - Campfire / Trophy presentations
2100 - Movie (Dining Hall)
21 Jan 2018
0600 - Wakeup and Breakfast at camp sites
0830 - Assemble and Closing Ceremony
Contact Irwin Lazar - email@example.com / 703-794-3696
Vice Chair for Program
Marriott Scout Service Center
9190 Rockville Pike
Bethesda, Maryland 20814
2018 BRD Winter Camporee
Friday 01-19-2018 5:00 PM to
Sunday 01-21-2018 10:00 AM PastCamp William B. Snyder Map this event
Coords: 38.828021, -77.665942
6100 Antioch Rd
Haymarket, Virginia 20169