Den Chief Training (C31) (Seneca)
Seneca District is offering Den Chief training
Class: 2:00PM to 4:00PM
Class will start promptly at 2:00pm
Youth - $20.00 each
Adults - Free, but must be registered
NOTE: At least One Adult must accompany boy(s) from the Unit. (Adult can be from their Troop or the Pack that they are working with.)
We are accepting online registrations only.
- Online registrations with payment will be accepted thru March 9
Why be a Trained Den Chief?
Who is a Den Chief? The Den Chief supports the Cub Scout Den Leader, serving as a helper, role model, and a friend to the Wolf and Bear Cub Scouts and Webelos Scouts.
Qualifications: Be an experienced Boy Scout, (at least one full year or more), and First Class rank or above. A Varsity Scout, a Venturer Scout, or a Venturing Scout (male or female) can also be a Den Chief. Take Den Chief Fast Start online and the in person Den Chief training.
Who Else Should Come?? Boy Scout and Cub Scout Leader(s) who will be working with the Den Chief (s) are encouraged to attend this course at NO charge, but you MUST register. To be credited for the course you will need to complete the same prerequisite as the boys and provide proof of completion.
This is a FULL uniformed event; Class A (not just waist up). Dress for the weather – you will be outside for part of the training.
- Complete "Den Chief Fast Start" training online before you register
- It should take you about 30 minutes to complete and will generate a graduation certificate at the end.
- Bring Proof (copy of the certificate)
What to Bring:
- If you have the 2015 edition of the Den Chief Hand Book (SK# 620805) (Youth will be provided a copy if needed)
- Adults should bring a copy of the book
- Pencil and paper
- Your own water bottles. (please have your name on the bottle) (water only)
- Bug repellent/sun screen
NOTE: Cub Scout Day Camps are looking for trained Den Chiefs to assist with the program.
If you have problems registering, contact the Training Coordinator; Mary Lou Gundersen at 301-869-5625 or email@example.com
Sunday 03-12-2017 1:30 PM to 4:00 PM Past
Den Chief Trainer
Seneca District Training Chair
9190 Rockville Pike
Bethesda, Maryland 20814