2023 Annual Scout Shabbat
Scout Shabbat is held yearly to coincide with the founding date of the Boy Scouts of America on February 8, 1916. Please join us in celebrating Scouting’s 107th anniversary with Scout Shabbat Services. The National Jewish Committee on Scouting (NJCOS) urges all Jewish Scouting youth to show pride in their faith by holding a Scout Shabbat service for their Unit, District, or Council.
Since 2015, The Valley Del Sol Valley District Boy Scout Religious Committee has been coordinating a yearly San Gabriel Valley celebration. The Ninth annual event will be hosted this year at Temple Beth Israel in Pomona for all Scouting Youth.
Annual Scout Shabbat 2023 information:
Who: Scouts BSA, Cub Scouts, Ventures, and their families
When: Friday, February 10, 2023 Packet Pick Up with patches and/or Kippot 6:30 PM- 7:15 PM
Take your seats at 7:15PM Service 7:30 PM to 9:00 PM
Where: Temple Beth Israel, 3033 North Towne Ave., Pomona, CA (909) 626-1277
Cost: If you are just attending its FREE!!! Please RSVP so that we have enough refreshments.
If you enjoy patches and would like the unique Scout Shabbat 2023 Patch, it is available for $6.00
To celebrate the 9th Annual Event, we will be selling an embroidered Scout Kippot for $10.00
Come and participate in a traditional Jewish Religious Service.
- Please direct any questions about this event to Cheryl Becker, Religious Emblems Coordinator/Committee Member for San Gabriel Valley Boy Scout District, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Scouts should wear their Class A uniforms, sashes, and any Scouting religious awards earned.
- Scout Shabbat is open to Scouts of all religions.
- Refreshments will be provided after the service; donations of sweets are appreciated.
- Scouts can obtain the event patch through the National Jewish Council on the Scouting website or by ordering them through Tentaroo. They will be available on a first-come, first-serve basis. They will not be for sale at the service. This is out of respect for the Temple.
Sponsored by Temple Beth Israel, the San Gabriel Valley District, Boy Scout Religious Committee, and Troop 818.
Friday 02-10-2023 7:15 PM PT to 9:00 PM PT