2023 National Jamboree
Every four years, the Pacific Skyline Council puts together Jamboree contingents. In 2023, we will have 1 contingent, comprised of 36 youth and 4 adult leaders.
Besides the Jamboree experience itself, there are many costs that are incurred in preparation for the event. These costs include (but may not be limited to):
- Airfare to and from the East Coast
- Luggage fees
- Hotel and security
- Jamboree training, meetings, and other events
- Jamboree gear, including all troop/crew specific gear (flags, unit numerals, water bottles, hats, shirts, jackets, backpack, duffle bag, patches)
- Participant Tents
- Jamboree event fee
- Dedicated Scouting professional and support staff to facilitate and assist in a successful Jamboree experience
- Bus transportation to all tour locations and to and from Jamboree with dedicated bus drivers
- A tour team to organize and facilitate all touring aspects
- A 4-day pre-tour consisting of:
The Jamboree is open to all who are qualified on a first-come, first-served basis. Qualifications to attend the National Jamboree include:
- Registered member of a Scout Troop - Minimum of 12 years of age on or before the first day of the Jamboree. --OR--
- Registered member of a Venture Crew, age 14 by July 1, 2023, but not 21 by Aug 1, 2023.
- Must live and abide by the Scout Oath and Law.
- Must abide by the Jamboree Code of Conduct.
Each Scout will be a member of a patrol within their unit. Every contingent member will be required to participate in and have the following:
- Monthly troop or crew meetings
- A completed National Jamboree Medical form signed by a licensed physician
- Attend the all-contingent gathering
- Attend an overnight training encampment.
- Have all fees paid on time, per the payment schedule below.
All adult leaders must be approved by the Jamboree Chairperson prior to registration. Please email Pam Swain at pamelaowl@outlook com prior to registering as an adult.
July 15, 2023 (Sat) - We leave the Bay Area
July 16-18, 2023 (Sun-Tue) - We'll enjoy a pre-tour of the North Carolina area.
July 19, 2023 (Wed) - We report to the Jamboree.
July 28, 2023 (Fri) - We depart the Jamboree in the morning and head back to the airport for a trip home the same day!