2021 National Jamboree **POSTPONED**
The 2021 National Jamboree has been **POSTPONED**
For more information see this article on Bryan on Scouting.
Every four years, the Pacific Skyline Council puts together Jamboree contingents, we will have 2-3 contingents, comprised each of 36 youth and 4 adult leaders each. This year units will include Male Troops, Female Troops, and Venture Crews.
Besides the Jamboree experience itself, there are many costs that are incurred in preparation for the event. These costs include (but may not be limited to):
- Airfare to and from the East Coast
- Luggage fees
- Hotel and security
- Jamboree training, meetings, and other events
- Jamboree gear, including all troop/crew specific gear (flags, unit numerals, water bottles, hats, shirts, jackets, backpack, duffle bag, patches)
- Jamboree event fee
- Dedicated Scouting professional and support staff to facilitate and assist in a successful Jamboree experience
- Bus transportation to all tour locations and to and from Jamboree with dedicated bus drivers
- A tour team to organize and facilitate all touring aspects
- A 4-day pre-tour consisting of:
The Jamboree is open to all who are qualified on a first-come, first-served basis. Qualifications to attend the National Jamboree include:
- Registered member of a Scout Troop, who has completed the 6th grade, or will be at least 12 years old (but who has not yet reached their 18th birthday by Aug 1, 2021) and a first class Scout by July 1, 2021. --OR--
- Registered member of a Venture Crew, age 14 by July 1, 2021, but not 21 by Aug 1, 2021.
- Must live and abide by the Scout Oath and Law.
- Must abide by the Jamboree Code of Conduct.
At the time of registration, Scouts will register for their preference of a Male Troop, Female Troop, or a Venture Crew. Troops and Crews may be adjusted as needed. Each Scout will be a member of a patrol within their unit. Every contingent member will be required to participate in and have the following:
- Monthly troop or crew meetings
- A completed National Jamboree Medical form signed by a licensed physician
- Attend the all-contingent gathering
- Attend an overnight training encampment.
- Have all fees paid on time, per the payment schedule below.
All adult leaders must be approved by the Jamboree Chairperson prior to registration. Please email Pam Swain at firstname.lastname@example.org prior to registering as an adult.
July 17, 2021 (Sat) - We leave the Bay Area
July 18-20, 2021 (Sun-Tue) - We'll enjoy a pre-tour of the North Carolina area.
July 21, 2021 (Wed) - We report to the Jamboree.
July 30, 2021 (Fri) - We depart the Jamboree in the morning and head back to the airport for a trip home the same day!
Saturday 07-17-2021 9:00 AM PT to
Friday 07-30-2021 5:00 PM PT