Leave No Trace Trainer Course
LEAVE NO TRACE TRAINER COURSE
As more people use parks and recreation facilities, LEAVE NO TRACE guidelines become even more important for outdoor visitors. The Leave No Trace plan helps people to be more concerned about their environment and to help them protect it for future generations. Leave No Trace applies in a backyard or local park (front country) as much as it does in the wilderness (backcountry).
THIS COURSE IS OPEN TO BOTH YOUTH AND ADULTS!!
Bring your youth leaders to establish a youth-led Leave No Trace program in your unit (minimum age is 14)
Friday, February 24, 2003, 6-9 pm at the Scout office - 2417 M St., Bakersfield
Saturday, February 25, 2023 AND Sunday, February 26, 2003:
9 am -Saturday through 12 pm-Sunday
Location: Wind Wolves Preserve off Highway 166
Cost: $50 per person
Course Director: Maria Brown MariaMBrown614@gmail.com
Leave No Trace Trainer course is a fun and engaging way to learn the 7 Leave No Trace principles and offer opportunities for you to take these exciting methods back to your unit and start teaching Leave No Trace right away.
You will learn more about:
- How to implement Leave No Trace in your outdoor program
- How to properly present the Leave No Trace skills to others
- What’s new in Leave No Trace techniques and how it applies to the BSA outdoor program
- How to earn Leave No Trace awards.
- PREREQUISITE: Participants will bring a prepared 15-20 minute presentation on a Leave No Trace principle.