Tiger Cub Safari 2021
The "World-Famous" Tiger Cub Safari is truly the HIGHLIGHT of the TIGER CUB Year!
Special Session: October 2-3, 2021
As featured in: Scouting Magazine (Mar/Apr 2016) and Boys’ Life (Mar/Apr 2017)
Tiger Cub Safari an exciting overnight adventure full of fun for Tigers and their Adult Partners to enjoy, where the Tigers Rule, Others Drool!
You’ll test your marksmanship skills at the Archery & BB gun ranges. Bluegill, sunfish and large-mouth bass lurk in the 80-acre lake, so be ready to do some fishin’! Rowboats provide a thrilling outing on the calm waters, and you’ll be able to experience the beauty of nature along the trails. Arts & crafts will give you a chance to make something to take home with you so you’ll remember your fantastic weekend at wonderful Wente Scout Reservation! Camp provides canvas tents on platforms, great meals, and real showers. Ask anyone who has been to Tiger Cub Safari, and they will attest that this event should not be missed! Scouts Honor!!!
Location: Wente Scout Reservation, 5401 Canyon Road outside Willits, CA in the scenic Mendocino County hills
Registration deadline is 11:59pm on Sunday, September 26th, 2021
Check-in for your Safari on Saturday morning October 2nd between 9am and 11am; the earlier the better!
More info on this program is available at http://www.tigercubsafari.com/
Please review our COVID Protocols below this message before arriving to camp.
1. Each family should have completed the BSA SAFE RESTART checklist (click here)
2. Each Camper (Youth and Adult) is required to complete the Personal Health Screening Survey (Click here)
3. Every Camper and Driver must have a temperature below 100.4 °F just prior to departure for camp.
4. All Campers and Drivers must have proof either of COVID Vaccination (copy ok) or a negative COVID test (OTC is ok) taken within 72 hours of arrival at camp. All Campers and Drivers are highly encouraged to self-quarantine for the 72 hours prior to arrival at camp.
a. For the Two-Dose Vaccines (Pfizer and Moderna), the individual must have received both doses of the vaccine at least two weeks prior to arrival at camp.
b. For the One-Dose Vaccine (Johnson & Johnson), the individual must have received the vaccine at least two weeks prior to arrival at camp.
c. If the Pfizer vaccine becomes available for youth ages 12-15, proof of a valid vaccination will be accepted for those Scouts. (see 4a for details)
d. The CDC does not recommend getting tested again in the three months after a positive viral test if the person does not have symptoms of COVID-19. Campers and staff who have had a positive viral test in the 3 months prior to starting camp and have met the criteria to end isolation should have a letter from their healthcare provider documenting the positive test date and stating the individual is cleared to end isolation.
5. Should a Camper miss camp due to a COVID infection, a full refund will be given.
Procedures at Camp
1. Upon arrival at camp, the driver and all occupants must show proof of either a COVID Vaccination (copy ok) or a negative COVID test (OTC is fine) taken within 72 hours of arrival at camp or a letter from their healthcare provider documenting the positive test date and stating the individual is cleared to end isolation before the vehicle may be unloaded.
2. While at camp each and every camper must wear a face covering over their mouth and nose and practice social distancing as dictated by the County Health Department where the camp is located.
3. At each program session, campers and staff will maintain social distancing. All campers will wash their hands between each program session.
4. We are allowed to have 50% capacity inside our dining halls.
a. All meals and snacks are provided, including a special "cracker barrel" after our famous campfire. Special dietary needs will be supported and addressed by the Camp Grubmaster.
5. In the event of a potential case of COVID-19 while at camp, the local Health Authority will be notified, and all County and Camp-specific protocols will be followed.
1. Should any Camper (Youth or Adult) develop COVID within 10 days following camp, we would ask that you inform us as soon as possible after the diagnosis (email@example.com)
Wente Scout Reservation
Saturday 10-02-2021 12:00 AM PT to
Sunday 10-03-2021 11:59 PM PT Past