Two Weekends of Feb 18-20 & 24-26, 2023
- Feb 18 - Sign in at 8:30 AM,
- Feb 20 - 4:00 PM depart
- Feb 24 - Sign in at 6:00 PM
- Feb 26 - 2:00 PM depart
- Maximum of 2 Scouts from the same troop allowed.
- GGAC participants have registration priority
Week of June 11 - June 17, 2023
Sign in at 10:00 AM Sunday, June 11
Pick-up at 1:00 PM Saturday, June 17
Additional pre- and post- course meetings may be held separately for each course.
Cost: $425 includes camp fees, meals and course materials
Registration after February 4 for February Course and after May 28, 2023 for the June Courses will be waitlisted. Do note that both courses filled up before then last year and we were not able to clear the waitlist.
Questions? Email: email@example.com
The Scouts BSA NYLT course presents key leadership qualities and skills in a unique youth experience, applying modern leadership and team development theories in a contemporary scouting environment.
Participants camp, work, play and learn – living a month in the life of a model troop condensed into an intense week long or two weekend course. They experience the stages of team development, practice from a “toolbox” of leadership skills and learn that leadership requires vision, goals, and planning.
Participants learn how to be a leading influence in their own unit; discovering resources, methods, games and new skills to make unit meetings, treks and other activities more exciting and worthwhile. They also develop skills that help them emerge as leaders outside their units – at school and in the community.
Who may attend?
Qualified candidates will meet the following criteria…
- First Class Scouts who are at least 13 years of age or Venture Crew members.
- Currently serve in a youth leadership position, or possess the skills and ambition to undertake a role in leadership.
- Have completed Troop/Crew Leadership Training in their unit.
- Are comfortable with long-term camping.
- Are endorsed by their unit leaders as exhibiting maturity, a positive attitude, focus and aspirations to serve through leadership.
- Commitment to attend the full course, all sessions.
- GGAC Camping and County Health guidelines are mandatory
Note: To enable broad council participation and the best youth experience, the number of participants from each unit may be limited. Additional reservations and out-of-council registrations are subject to availability.