Two Weekends of Feb 19-21 & 25-27, 2022
- Feb 19 - Sign in at 8:30 AM,
- Feb 21 - 4:00 PM depart
- Feb 25 - Sign in at 6:00 PM
- Feb 27 - 2:00 PM depart
- Maximum of 2 Scouts from the same troop allowed.
- Currently CLOSED to Out-of-Council Units
Week of June 12 - June 18, 2022
Sign in at 10:00 AM Sunday, June 12
Pick-up at 1:00 PM Saturday, June 18
Additional pre- and post- course meetings may be held separately for each course.
Cost: $375 includes camp fees, meals and course materials
Registration closes February 7 for February Course and June 1, 2022 for the June Courses.
Questions? Email: email@example.com
The Scouts BSA NYLT Conference presents what a leader must BE, what a leader must KNOW and what a leader must DO, by applying modern leadership and team development theories in a co-ed environment.
Participants camp, work, play and learn – living a month in the life of a model troop condensed into an intense week long or two weekend course. They experience the stages of team development, practice from a “toolbox” of leadership skills and learn that leadership requires vision, goals, and planning.
Participants learn how to be a leading influence in their own unit; discovering resources, methods, games and new skills to make unit meetings, treks and other activities more exciting and worthwhile. They also develop skills that help them emerge as leaders outside their units – at school and in the community.
Who may attend?
Qualified candidates will meet the following criteria…
- First Class Scouts who are at least 13 years of age or Venture Crew members.
- Currently serve in a youth leadership position, or possess the skills and ambition to undertake a role in leadership.
- Have completed Troop/Crew Leadership Training in their unit.
- Are comfortable with long-term camping.
- Are endorsed by their unit leaders as exhibiting maturity, a positive attitude, focus and aspirations to serve through leadership.
- Commitment to attend the full course, all sessions.
- Covid vaccinations or negative COVID test within 24 hours of camp, required.
- GGAC and County Covid guidelines are mandatory
Note: To enable broad council participation and the best youth experience, the number of participants from each unit may be limited. Additional reservations and out-of-council registrations are subject to availability. GGAC participants have registration priority.
Saturday 02-19-2022 8:15 AM PT to
Sunday 02-27-2022 4:00 PM PT Past
Spring NYLT - CANCELLED
Friday 04-01-2022 8:15 AM PT to
Saturday 04-09-2022 4:00 PM PT Past
Summer Course @ RLM
Rancho Los Mochos
Sunday 06-12-2022 10:00 AM PT to
Saturday 06-18-2022 12:00 PM PT Past