Leadership Education and Discovery (L.E.A.D.)
Be the Best Scout Leader You Can Be!
Join your Fellow Scouters on January 28, 2023 from 8am to 5pm, for a complete day of learning, fun and experience.
L.E.A.D. is Golden Gate Area Council's ultimate training event for Scout Leaders, Parents, Venturers and Senior Youth. Join us for a full day of learning, fun, and a great overall experience.
L.E.A.D. offers over 130 classes across 6 colleges:
- Cub Scouts
- Scouts BSA
- Young Adult Programs (Venturing, Sea Scouts, Exploring)
- Outdoor Education
- Continuing Education
- Technology (new for 2023!)
The day is broken up into 6 sessions. Some classes are 1 session, others, such as CPR certification, are 3 sessions, while even others, like position specific leader training can cover all 6 sessions.
Check out the course schedule matrix for courses geared specifically to SMs/ASMs, Committee Members, Emergency Preparedness, or Diversity/Equity/Inclusion!
Want to learn some new skills, learn how to work with your youth more efficiently, learn how to increase the FUN in Scouting? We have classes for you as well.
- A Technology Track – Scoutbook for different users, CyberChip, facilitating online unit collaboration
- Den Chief, Trainer's Edge training
- Expanded safety topics
- Fun with paracord
- Exploring and Sea Scouting
- Merit badge counselor training
- Where to go camping, hiking or backpacking in Northern California or beyond
- Fun outdoor offerings – fishing, orienteering, geocaching, and more
- Outdoor Ethics courses – Introduction to Tread Lightly, games and activities, camping
- Cooking – Dutch ovens, portable meals, and alternative cooking methods
- Campfires and team building games
- Basics – Boards of Reviews, recruiting, retention, and engaging parents in your unit program
- and lots more!!
Register early and bring a friend for a "Great Day of Scouting"!!! Learn, Explore and Enjoy!
EARLY REGISTRATION (before 1/1/2023) - $50/adult, $20/youth (lunch included)
REGULAR REGISTRATION (1/1/2023 to 1/22/2023) - $65/adult, $25/youth (lunch included)
LATE REGISTRATION (after 1/22/2023) - $85/adult, $35/youth ... LUNCH NOT INCLUDED FOR LATE REGISTRANTS
Questions: Contact Roy Adam, L.E.A.D. 2023 Course Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Saturday 01-28-2023 8:00 AM PT to 5:00 PM PT