Chief Solano Day Camp 2020
Chief Solano Day Camp 2020
Join us for our awesome Beneath the Sea Day Camp!
WHO: Camp is open to all boys and girls (Cub Scouts) entering the 1st – 5th Grade. If you are not currently a scout, you can attend camp by filling out a membership application.*
WHAT: You'll discover and learn things about our ocean ecosystem as well as participate in a variety of activities including:
- Scout Skills/Scout Spirit
- Swimming (non-swimmers will have alternative activities)
Dates: June 22nd-26th, 2020
Times: 9:00am - 3:00pmâ
WHERE: Rodriguez High School
5000 Red Top Road, Fairfield, CA 94534
WHY: To have an FUN week of Scouting! Did you know attending Day Camp is one of the requirements to earn the Cub Scout Outdoor Activity Award!
Registration includes all activities and materials, camp T-shirt, daily snack, and patch. *If you are a newly registering scout to be able to attend camp a membership fee will be required at the time of application (this is pro-rated and determined at the time of registration; annual scout membership is $63).
- Early Price $150 (until April 18, 2020)
- Regular Price $185 (until June 5, 2020)
To allow for adequate staffing and planning of the Day Camp NO Registrations will be accepted after June 5th, without the addition of a registered full-time Adult Volunteer and approval by Day Camp Director.
Jr. Helpers and Adults Volunteers:
- Full-Time Adult volunteers (present every day of camp, for full duration of camp 8:30 am- 3:30 pm) will be refunded the cost of one Registration for up to one scout.
Rank and Grade your scout WILL BE in September 2020
- Tiger - 1st Grade, ***Please note that Tiger’s must be accompanied full-time by their parent/guardian. This is a BSA requirement.
- Wolf - 2nd Grade
- Bear - 3rd Grade
- Webelos - 4th Grade
- Arrow of Light (AOL) - 5th Grade (outgoing AOL's may also attend camp)
Cub Scouts Forms:
- Medical AB Form
- Cub Scout Shooting form
- Links to the forms are on the right side of the screen under attachments
- Drop off at one of the Day Camp Parent Orientation Meetings- email with details to come once registration is completed.
- Please Do Not mail or drop forms off at the council office; they get lost and you’ll have to complete them again.â
- Day Camp is 100% volunteer run. Adult and Jr. Helper volunteers are needed to make this a great camp for all!
- Adults may help as
- Den Leaders (escort and help Cub Scouts at various stations)
- Station Leaders (Teach Cubs how to complete projects and/or perform activities)
- No previous Scouting Leadership experience needed!
- Adult Volunteer Requirements. Being an Adult Volunteer is a fun and rewarding experience. But there are some requirements to ensure the safety of all Day Camp Participants:
- BSA Registered- To be an adult volunteer you must be BSA registered. If you’re leader with your pack or troop you most likely are already registered. If you’re a parent, grandparent, aunt or uncle of a cub scout and are not involved with the pack or troop you need to fill out an application. If you filled out an application to volunteer at camp last year you need to do it again this year (BSA Rule); Download the BSA Adult Member Application on the right side of the screen under attachments.
- Current Youth Protection Training (YPT) Certification- You’ll need to send a copy of your certificate with your registration. Training is completed online. Link is on the right side of the screen under attachments.
- Directions once you click on the link: Create an account. Click on Menu in the upper left. Then click on my dashboard. Your training should now be on the screen. Click on Youth protection training certification take course. Follow instructions on course page to take course and print certification. Please note this class takes about an hour.
- Hazardous Weather Training (New in 2020)- online course; instructions similar to above YPT
- Orientation– To help make this a safe, fun and memorable event for the scouts, all volunteers must attend at least one Orientation/Training meeting, dates and times to be announced.
- Read and sign acknowledgement of Den Leaders Guide. Link to the guide is on the right side of the screen under attachments.
- Medical AB Form- Link to the form is on the right side of the screen under attachments.
Jr. Helper Volunteer Requirements
- For Jr. Helpers (6th-12th grade) you must be a registered BSA youth. If you’re registered as a Boy Scout, Sea Scout, Venture Scout or Explorer Scout you will not need to fill out a youth application. All other youth must fill out a Youth Application. Link to the form is on the right side of the screen under attachments.
- Training Session– To help make this a safe, fun and memorable event for the Cubs, all volunteers must attend at least one Training meeting, dates and times to be announced.
- Medical AB Form. Link to the form is on the right side of the screen under attachments.
- Jr. Helper Shooting Sports Permission Form, Link to the form is on the right side of the screen under attachments.
Tag Program (For children of Volunteers)
- Siblings of our registered cub scouts are called Tags. Tags may only attend camp if they have not started Kindergarten. Tags must be potty trained.
- Medical form AB. Link to the form is on the right side of the screen under attachments.
Please do not mail or drop forms off at the council office.
Megan Davis, Camp Director
Monday 06-22-2020 9:00 AM PT to
Friday 06-26-2020 3:00 PM PT