National Youth Leadership Training 2019
Are You a Rising Leader? Give Your Leadership a Boost!
National Youth Leadership Training (NYLT) is Scouting’s premiere youth leadership development program. NYLT provides Scouts and Venturers with experiences and tools for becoming great leaders. The skills learned through NYLT will benefit you as you lead in your unit and throughout your life.
What is NYLT?
- Six days across two weekends
- Intense, fun, hands-on, and challenging
- Develops skills such as:
- problem solving
- presentation making
- team development
- working with adults and youth
- ethical decision-making.
- Models a month in the life of a youth-led troop using the patrol method
- Each participant has the opportunity to act as Patrol Leader.
- Patrols prepare a presentation on “The Quest for the Meaning of Leadership”
Who Should Attend?
- First Class Scout or above between the ages of 13 and 18 on April 26, 2019 (exception to First Class requirement made for girls who recently joined Scouts BSA troops).
- Venturers under 21 on April 26, 2019.
- Rising leaders who want to supercharge their leadership skills.
- Current or future Senior Patrol Leaders, Patrol Leaders, Troop Guides, etc.
- Those who can train others in their units
- Youth will be considered nominated once a completed registration packet is received along with the full course fee.
- Unit Leader approval is required
- Any youth who are not accepted for this course will receive a full refund of the course fee.
Note: Please get unit leader approval prior to submitting your application. Unit leader will be asked to confirm approval.
Send to Quapaw Area Council with $250 fee per participant. A $50 deposit will hold your spot with the balance due by April 1, 2019.
The course fee includes a course T-shirt, patch, NYLT Name Badge, training materials, food, lodging, loads of challenges and lots of FUN! Space is limited to the first 48 applicants.
Other Questions? For more information on the program, please contact the 2019 Course Director, Michelle Crawford, by phone at 870-316-3020 (cell) or e-mail at email@example.com
3220 Cantrell Road
Little Rock, Arkansas 72202