Foothills District Cub Scout Day Camp
The Foothills District Day Camp will be held at the Gus Blass Scout Reservation in Damascus, AR. Camp will run from 5pm to 8pm on the evenings of 6 & 7 June, and from 8am to 5pm on Saturday, 8 June. The camp theme this year is Beneath the Sea! There will be tons of fun activities, including hiking, fishing, swimming, BB guns, archery, slingshots, crafts, special guests, and more!
- Please complete the attached registration form for all youth and adults in your family who will be attending. Youth who are not registered Scouts may also attend camp (such as siblings or other relatives).
- For each youth, the cost is $45 and will include a camp t-shirt, water bottle, and patch.
- For each staff member or walking leader, the fee is $10, which covers the cost of a camp t-shirt.
- Remember to include all health forms (Parts A & B) and insurance cards with your registration.
Families: submit registration to your Pack Cubmaster or Camp Coordinator.
Each Pack must submit registration forms to the Day Camp Director at (or prior to) the May Roundtable on 09 May.
- Each parent is asked to consider volunteering to be a walking leader for at least one day.
- A walking leader is an adult who is assigned to a group of 8-10 youth, called a “den.” There will be at least 2 walking leaders with each den at all times. Walking leaders will walk with their assigned den from activity to activity, provide supervision, and assist with their den during the check-out period each day after camp.
- Every attempt will be made to ensure a walking leader is assigned to their own child’s den; however, if there are not enough volunteers from a particular Pack or rank, a walking leader may need to be assigned to a different den that is without a leader.
- Walking leaders will need to register and pay a $10 fee for a camp t-shirt, which must be worn at all times while at camp. Health forms are required for walking leaders, and must be submitted with registration. Walking leaders must have current Youth Protection Training (YPT), and a YPT certificate must also be submitted with registration.
Saturday’s activities will include swimming and hiking. Be sure to send a swimsuit, towel, and a dry change of clothing with each child, and be sure they wear clothing and footwear that will be comfortable for hiking in the summer heat. Each attendee will need to bring their own sack lunch on Saturday.