2020 STEM-Tastic Weekend in the Western Region
2020 STEM-Tastic Weekend
in the Western Region
November 6-8, 2020
Starts Friday 7PM, ends by Noon on Sunday.
Fee- $50 per person deposit Holds Your Spot!
$125 -Total Early Bird Fee if paid by August 31, 2020
Includes: course materials, meals, sleeping on-site (bunkhouse or campsite), neckerchief and patch
$150 - Total Regular Fee if paid after August 31, 2020.
Includes: course materials, meals, sleeping on-site(bunk house or campsite) and patch.
Heard Scout Pueblo
1901 E. Dobbins Rd., Phoenix, AZ 85042
Adult leaders and parents:
Please join us for this unique event led in conjunction with the National STEM in Scouting Committee!
Find out about the STEM in Scouting and the BSA STEM Nova program
- Learn how to help scouts earn Nova and Supernova awards
- Become a trained Nova Counselor and Supernova Mentor
- Gain experience conducting STEM experiments and demonstrations
- Share ideas with others interested in STEM and Scouting
For more information and to sign up register on this webpage.
We will be having the program inside the Stone Lodge just west of the Pueblo. Sleeping accommodations include male and female rooms with bunks and mattresses. There are shower facilities in the bathrooms.
Please indicate any dietary needs.
The camp is 8.1 miles from Sky Harbor International Airport.
- BSA STEM Nova History & Purpose
- Overview of Nova Awards Program / Award administration
- Implementation of STEM into the Council & District
- Implementation of STEM into the Unit
- Training for Counselors and Mentors
- STEM Safety
- Great STEM activities
- STEM Training ideas -
- STEM in Camp
- Roadblocks, Resources, Recruitment and Recognition
- Many Hands-on activities
- AND MORE…
We look forward to seeing you there. Go STEM!