2019 Cub Scout Braves Pow Wow
2019 CUB SCOUT BRAVES POW WOW
Sponsored by Grand Canyon Council Order of the Arrow Honor Society - Wipala Wiki Lodge
ALL Cub Scouts and Leaders,
Join us at the Heard Scout Pueblo on Saturday, November 16, 2019 for a fun-filled day of activities and exhibits! The Heard Scout Pueblo is located at South Mountain at 1901 E Dobbins Rd. Phoenix, AZ.
Native American Story Telling
Native American Dancing
Projects to Make and Take
Shooting Sports available* - please see information below
Camping Available* - please see information below
Dutch Oven Cooking
Military and First Responders Staff & Vehicles
$10 per person cost covers ALL activities, lunch, an event patch, necklace, and a great day of memories for the scouts and parents!
Flag ceremony begins at 9:00 AM sharp, and Pow Wow will end around 3:00 PM!
SHOOTING SPORTS OPTION
- Archery & BB Gun shooting is open to the first 350 Cub Scouts that register online with the shooting option. This is a popular activity and quickly fills up, so please be advised that it is first come, first served!
- Shooting sports participants must check in at 7:30 a.m. to 8:00 a.m. and attend a safety meeting at 8:15 a.m. to 8:45 a.m. at the Amphitheater.
- If cub scouts do not attend safety meeting, they can not participate in shooting sports.
- Camp at the Heard - Friday Nov. 16th, 2019. Contact Amy Jo Haywood at 602-955-7747 X239 to make a reservation to camp out at a campsite at the Heard.. $5 per person for one night.
- Wear comfortable close-toed shoes.
- Bring sunscreen, hats, sunglasses.
- Cub Scouts and Leaders wear your Field (Class A) uniform, sibling and parents support your scout with a BSA/Pack scout t-shirt.
- Bring water bottles and refill at water sources.
- Bring a backpack or daypack for carrying treasures.
- Visit the Trading Post for snacks & souvenirs.
- This event will be held – rain or shine.
Questions - Contact: Gary Hnydowitz